Magento Forum

How to enable Product Layered Options After Selected yes from Yes/No Selection options?? 

HinalAC

Total Posts:  1

I am creating my first Magento site, and I sell medical uniforms, and want to include Custom embroidery on items, so the customer can choose to have that or not.

They would pick their labcoat as usual (size/color) but there would be an additional option to add the embroidery.

If they choose Yes, then it would enable the information form for them to fill out on the same page (Text Box, Thread Color, Font Options, etc), and it would also add the required cost for it, but I don’t know how to go about doing this.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hxd

Total Posts:  224

Well, you can create an attribute for size and an attribute for color, then create a new attribute set and add those attributes to the attribute set. Then you can create the labcoat as a configurable product type and select the newly created attribute set. When adding/editing the configurable product you can use the Associated Products button on the left to add all size/color combinations. On the left there’s also a Custom Options button which you can use to add the option for the embroidery. For that option you can use the text field or text area input type. This will let the customers type the text that they want embroidered.

Alternatively, you can add the product as a simple one and use only custom options for size, color and embroidery. But in this case the stock for the different size/color combinations won’t be managed automatically.

Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Hello,

Please take a look at the Custom Product Preview extension that could help you with the custom embroidery on items.
http://www.aitoc.com/en/magentomods_custom_product_preview.html

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community