Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is there an easy way to create attributes and apply to all products at once? 

welysson

Total Posts:  3

I am setting a XML to use in Google Shopping and I just realized that there is an attribute which Google Shopping requires and I don\’t have it in my products. The problem is that we have already 6000 SKU\’s in Magento, enter one by one to set this new attribute would be a lot hard.

The good thing is that the Value of this attribute will be equal to all Products

Is there a way to create a new attribute an set the value to all products in an easier way?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Hi welysson,
At first you create your missing attribute and assign it to each and every attribute set used by your products. Once that’s done, open Catalog > Manage Products > select desired products by checkboxes and choose Update Attributes from the Actions menu (to the left of Submit button). From here you will be able to assign the required value for all the products at once.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redstage

Total Posts:  173
Hoboken, NJ

Hi!

If you’re managing a store with a bunch of attribute sets, adding a new attribute to each set can be a pain.  I’ve seen stores with 100 different attribute sets and adding a new attribute to each one can take hours.  If that sounds like your problem, check out our extension that allows you to very quickly add an attribute to all of your attribute sets in seconds.

Add attribute to Multiple Attribute Sets

Come by the store and chat if you have any questions. 

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community