Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Send to friend fails

MazeDK

Total Posts:  68

Hi,

I have noticed that the function ‘Send to a friend’ fails in my shop. I’m currently running 1.2.0.1. When I click the link ‘Send to a friend’ I get redirected to a page without any contents, besides topheader, menu, and footer. The content place is just white… I have tried removing the contents from template/sendfriend/send.phtml and adding <p>testing</p> so I could see if the page loaded the file - but the page is still empty :(

In template/catalog/product/view.phtml the code is this:

<h3 class="product-name"><?php echo $this->htmlEscape($_product->getName()) ?></h3>

<?php if ($this->canEmailToFriend()): ?>

<a href="<?php echo $this->helper('catalog/product')->getEmailToFriendUrl($_product) ?>"><?php echo $this->__('Email to a Friend'?></a><br />

<?php endif; ?>
The above looks correct to me, so now I’m stranded. Does anybody have an idea to how I can get the module to work?

Thanks in forehand!

Regards,
Mads

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MazeDK

Total Posts:  68

Found the error… I had deactivated the module in the admin panel - oops :D

Regards,
Mads

Magento Community Magento Community