Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Attribute lists of configurable product empty on frontend! 

Nemphys

Total Posts:  54

Hi, new user, trying to figure things out before I start my new estore deployment.
I have items with Color and Size attributes, I have created and configured these attributes and added them to an attribute set.
I then created Simple products and a Configurable product (with the simple products related to it) just for test (to see how it look on the frontend).
All configuration seems fine and according to the instructions (and all posts I could find about configurable products).
THE PROBLEM IS that, on the frontend, the product appears just fine but when I enter it’s page, the listboxes that are supposed to have the attributes values the user can chose from are EMPTY (just have the “Chose an option” option). It is not a stock issue, as all products (configurable and simple) are “In Stock”, with the inventory quantities >0 in all simple products.
Also, inside the configurable product’s “Associated Products” page, the simple products are showing up fine and the “Super Products Attributes Configuration” look ok, with both Color and Size Attributes and Options looking fine.

THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!
Using the latest Magento version (1.2.0.3) with no extensions installed (clean install).
Any help would be appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Nemphys

Total Posts:  54

Just upgraded to 1.2.1…
Same sh$t, different version....

Magento Community
Magento Community

pfilias

Total Posts:  22

Support is few and far between on Magento forums, huh?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tabcreative

Total Posts:  5

Same issue here, can’t figure it out. I looked in the db and the right values are in the database. If you look at the html output (source) it shows a js function that is used to create the values of the options. The js HAS the values in it, yet the options are still not being created. Seems like a really complicated way to do something that is not that hard. I haven’t been able to find any real answers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

forestfire

Total Posts:  11

oh no! i’m having the same problem. all my simple products are “in stock” and yet there are no size options appearing on the frontend. has anyone found a solution for this?

thanks in advance.

I’ve figured it out! You just have to make sure that if you’ve added other javascript, they are in no conflict mode. i was able to get mine to display all the size options now. hope this is helpful for anyone else with this problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community