Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Preserve leading Zeros in product skus when exporting

acer88

Total Posts:  4

I am new to magento, well new enough that I can’t find the answer to my dilemma.

I have entered 4500 products into magento, and now need to tweak and update the names and descriptions for these products. I figured I would use import and export to speed the process. I use one of the pre-configured export data profiles and when opening the csv with excel open office or csved all skus that had a leading zero in the field are now void of the leading zero.

I even downlaoded a free trial copy of Magento store manager and that does not solve the issue either.

So sku 02103 is now 2103.

How can I fix this?  What am I missing?

I have tried using excel format cell to text, and this does not work because there is not a zero in the field to display.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

Try to open your file in Open Office program or open it as text in text editor like Notepad++ and check if those zeroes are present in the file (since excel can cut them).
Let me know the result, so I could offer you solution.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community