Magento Forum

First Class International has disappeared from shipping method offerings

Larryman

Total Posts:  4

When the new postal rates went into effect, my site no longer offered First Class International, only Priority and Express International, even though settings were enabled for First Class.  It worked fine until the price change.

I was able to turn on First Class Large Envelope, but I am not not even sure most shipments would qualify.

I can not believe I am the only one to lose this shipping option with the price change.

I am on Magento version 1.7.0.0

Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

toadzrc

Total Posts:  2

I have the same problem, USPS changed the name to First-Class Package International Service, I have tried previous fixes but have had no luck, I would think everyone else should be having same problem.

Seems to work now but not yesterday.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Larryman

Total Posts:  4

Hi Toadzrc,

Thanks for the update. I was sure I was not the only one.

I was able to activate First Class International Large Envelope, although I\’m not sure my packages will qualify.

Not sure what you meant by \"Seems to work now but not yesterday. \” Mine is still not working. Is there something you did to fix it?

Larryman

Magento Community
Magento Community

toadzrc

Total Posts:  2

You need to I modify the /app/code/core/Mage/Usa/etc/config.xml file and change First-Class International Parcel mail name to First-Class Package International Service, check this link as this was the fix last year also:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/271462/

Once you have updated the name in both places refresh your cache and in system configuration select that shipping method.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community