Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Search bar questions, and site map

bayers064

Total Posts:  105

I have two separate questions.

Is there anyway to sort the ‘Sitemap’ alphabetically. all the categories are scattered around and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to their order.

And my second question, I need the search bar to only search for product names, not the description or short description. can anyone help me with this.

I am running Magento 1.7.0.2

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bayers064

Well i figured out how to change the search settings, but i still need help with the sitemap

Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Total Posts:  2205
Bucharest, Romania

Hello.
For the sitemap you have 2 options in system->configuration->catalog->Sitemp.
You can show the categories as a tree - this means that the categories will appear as they do in the backend (only uglier)
and the second option is to display them “liniar” (not as a tree). In this case they will be ordered alphabetically.
Try both options and see what fits you best.

Marius.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bayers064

That did work, they were all alphabetized, except it only listed sub-categories instead of the root categories. Since there is an “Accessory” sub-category in almost every root category, Accessories is listed many times in the site map, as well as other sub categories listed a bunch of times. Am i just going to have to be stuck dealing with the tree like category unalphabetized?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Total Posts:  2205
Bucharest, Romania

I guess you are stuck with the ugly tree. You can style it a little.
And there is always the option of changing your sitemap to look like you want, but you will need to code it or search for an extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bayers064

Alright ill take a look into it. thanks for the help

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

You can use this extension http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-sphinx-search.html It allows you to significantly increase the search quality (relevance) as well as the search speed.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community