Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How Do I Upgrade Magento Core Files

b_young42

Total Posts:  11

I moved from one server to the next and somehow I was upgraded from 1.6 to 1.7 (I think this happened when the host brought over my site).

However, some how some core files for 1.7 weren’t installed.

I found this out because I bought an extension for layered navigation but it is showing an error (see attached).

I spoke to the extension support team and they told me the following:

The file is saying tha our code does not find _replaceTableAlias() which is defined in Magento 1.7 standard code. It means that not all core Magento files are upgraded.

Then the said:

If you would like to help you with upgrading Magento, please consider using our Professional Services, see http://www.manadev.com/professional-services for details.

I don’t want really want to pay some one to fix something that seems to be simple to fix.  The problem is I don’t know how to fix it.

They told me I could just take the files from magneto 1.7 and drag it into my FTP folder.  Then tell it to overwrite any of the same files.
This screwed up my site.  Did I do it wrong?

Pretty much, how do I upgrade my site to 1.7 AGAIN, or get the correct files and tables?

I appreciate your help!!!

Thanks!

Image Attachments
image1.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community