Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t view, edit or place orders from admin interface. 

gr8bluesgtr

Total Posts:  7

Have installed Magento 1.2.0.3 both through simple scrips as well as manually, and I have the same problem on both installations.

When viewing the order admin interface, clicking the button to place a new order results in a completely blank webpage at the following address:

<magento install path>/index.php/admin/sales_order_create/index/

There is no error given, and none detected by Firebug when enabled.  It simply appears that Magento returns a completely empty web page.  It does this in both Firefox and Safari.

I was very excited to try out the downloadable products functionality, but right now this is preventing me from accomplishing anything with Magento.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gr8bluesgtr

Total Posts:  7

Solution:

Rename php.ini.sample to php.ini and add the following lines at the bottom:

extension=pdo.so
extension=pdo_mysql.so

I discovered this solution by first changing the name of the file to php.ini and attempting to reload the admin page.  I was presented with an error that the php module pdo.so was not enabled or something.  Doing a search for this error on google revealed the code listed above which enables those modules for php.

My host is bluehost for future reference

Magento Community
Magento Community

perception

Total Posts:  4

hello sir,

here i have solution for your query..

http://www.perceptionsystem.com/magento-custom-module-contribution.html

it will help you to get all track.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bwi

Total Posts:  16

i have the same problem, when i go to view invoices or edit them theres just a blank screen how do i fix this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

avintel

Total Posts:  147
Southern California

i did the php.ini (previously i did not have a php.ini file in my root directory)

i added the last lines that were recommended because if i didn’t my site stopped wqorking.  can anyone tell me about this file and what is necessary, etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pairacy

Total Posts:  2
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, MY

gr8bluesgtr - 30 January 2009 10:06 PM

Solution:

Rename php.ini.sample to php.ini and add the following lines at the bottom:

extension=pdo.so
extension=pdo_mysql.so

I discovered this solution by first changing the name of the file to php.ini and attempting to reload the admin page.  I was presented with an error that the php module pdo.so was not enabled or something.  Doing a search for this error on google revealed the code listed above which enables those modules for php.

My host is bluehost for future reference

man.. you saved my life! ive been googling about this bug all over the forum and nothing help. all discussion ended up with no proper solution..

finally i decided to browse this forum based on its category, and do the keyword search in here, and thank god i found this page.. damn the solution is simple..

i thought the php.ini.sample is just an optional file to upload.. magento team should be alert with this issue..

anyway, thanks gr8bluesgtr! :D

Magento Community
Magento Community

antonvanderwatt

Total Posts:  6

Thank u very much for this solution! Been searching the forum for the last 3 days. U’d think the php.ini would be preconfigured and ready to work with install but alas!

Did the trick for me! Thanks for taking the time to post your solutions!

Magento Community
Magento Community

crojo2

Total Posts:  1

absolute life saver, I tried all sorts of things to get this to work and this was the solution thanks heaps smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community