Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Checkout Shipping issues

benthefreak

Total Posts:  1

Good Afternoon,

I have recently upgraded a Magento store from version 1.3 to version 1.7 whilst I did experience a few issues along the way they have been mostly solvable - all except one…

The issue I am seeing is that our customers cannot (easily) select a shipping option.

The site can be seen here. The issue can be replicated with the following steps (N.B. please don\’t purchase anything as the site is live)

1. Add an item to the cart
2. From the cart page, select \’proceed to checkout\’
3. Fill in the checkout form; and try to select your preferred shipping option. When continue is pressed to take customers to the payment details, the progress bar on the right reports that no shipping option has been selected; the message is then repeated when payment information is entered and order confirmed.

The only work around I have been able to establish is that if the user obtains a postage estimate before proceeding to the checkout (step 2). Which ever method is selected in the quote/estimate carries forward into the checkout process, but again the onepage checkout doesn\’t register the customers choice (e.g. if the user was to change their mind and select an alternative postage option).

Iv have a look in the error.log file and no issues are being reported and have also tried reverting back to the default & modern theme but the problem still persists. I\’ve been wading through forum posts for days but cant seem to see anyone that has experienced the same problem before. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try next to debug this?

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Total Posts:  2205
Bucharest, Romania

Hello
First of all check if you have any extensions that have something to do with the checkout process or the shipping methods.
It is possible to have one that is not compatible with the 1.7 version.

If you don’t have such extensions, the place to start debugging is the Mage_Checkout_OnepageController class in the saveShippingMethodAction() method.

First check if there is a copy of this class in app/local/Mage/Checkout/controllers/OnepageController.php. If there is, remove it (but back-up first).

If there isn’t you have do debug step by step starting from that action.

Good luck.
Marius.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community