Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Mage_Core_Exception Error in Installation

dispute

Total Posts:  1

I’m trying to install Magento and I’m getting this error at varying points in the installation, I have literally no idea what I’m doing wrong. The permissions for the magento/app folder are set to read and write, yet I’m still getting this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Mage_Core_Exception’ with message ‘D:\hosting\10389200\html\magento\app is not a directory or not readable by this user’ in D:\hosting\10389200\html\magento\app\Mage.php:594 Stack trace: #0 D:\hosting\10389200\html\magento\app\Mage.php(278): Mage::throwException(’D:\hosting\1038...’) #1 D:\hosting\10389200\html\magento\app\Mage.php(752): Mage::setRoot() #2 D:\hosting\10389200\html\magento\app\Mage.php(692): Mage::isInstalled() #3 D:\hosting\10389200\html\magento\index.php(87): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’) #4 {main} thrown in D:\hosting\10389200\html\magento\app\Mage.php on line 594

I’m using godaddy shared hosting, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

You need to give the written permissions to www-data user for the Magento folder.
Also, please, read the following information using this link:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5023/

It will help you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community