Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Strange results in Top 5 Search Terms and Search Term List

jonesboatyard

Total Posts:  2

For some time I have noticed very strange terms in the search terms list. I need to use it to find out what my customers are looking for in the store so that we can look to stock the most popular searches however the data presented in the lists is completely fictitious.

Several test searches we made on the site before launch (over 15 months ago) are being duplicated and dramatically skewing the results.

I have tired several things…
1) Deleted all of the results from the search terms list
2) I have disabled the popular serch terms tag cloud
3) I have NOINDEXED the search results and the \"popular search terms\” tag cloud in case it is still lurking somewhere

Still I am getting serch terms appear such as \"test search new\” , \"search the\” and other nonsence serches that havent been searched for since site build.

Any ideas on how I can prevent these old search terms from continuosly re-appearing in the serch terms list?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

The key drawback of default search is the lack of features to set priorities for attributes, and therefore the relevance (sorting) of search results is not very good. Use this extension http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-sphinx-search.html It will solve most of the problems associated with the search.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community