Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Advise on server and what type I should go for - Issues around admin speed especially around Order Grid

Rajiboy

Total Posts:  20

We are currently running on 4 core server with 8GB memory and are finding that since upgrading to Magento the SQL server side seems a little slow.

From what I can see, I am uploading my week figures for load, disk, cpu and memory, but do not understand all the numbers. I understand this as being heavy on disk, light on CPU and I am guessing the LOAD is high.

Based on this what should I do, I have the following options

Get a larger server 6 core / 8 core
Lots more memory 12GB , 24GB

I am currently on managed server, and am considering Dedicated with root access as I cannot install APC or memcached , change MySQL server settings or move / change Apache.

My biggest issue is around the admin side were the longest running grid is the SALES orders grid which takes a good 20 seconds to load every time an order comes in etc.... so guessing this is SQL server related / CPU related. Everything else runs fine, including the front end.

Any advise would be great

Image Attachments
cpu-week.pngdisk-week.pngload-week.pngmemory-week.pngmemory-week.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MagenX
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  791
Dublin

hi
i wonder how much you pay for your managed server.
if you have slow magento,please share your mysql config (my.cnf) and run

https://raw.github.com/rackerhacker/MySQLTuner-perl/master/mysqltuner.pl

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rajiboy

Hi,
This looks like the my.cnf file contents, I cannot run the PL script as i do not have the adminstration id and password of the installed mySQL database

key_buffer = 16M
max_allowed_packet = 16M
thread_stack = 192K
thread_cache_size = 8
# This replaces the startup script and checks MyISAM tables if needed
# the first time they are touched
myisam-recover = BACKUP
#max_connections = 100
#table_cache = 64
#thread_concurrency = 10
#
# * Query Cache Configuration
#
query_cache_limit = 1M
query_cache_size = 16M

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rajiboy

Hi,

Is there any one who understands the graphs I have posted and see what is going on ? or advise ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community