Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Question? setting up for one or multi store

Richard Blezer

Total Posts:  18
The netherlands

Hi,

what is the better way, if I need multi store capability in the future.
Setting magento up as singel store and then afterwards converting to multistore or setting up for multi in the beginning, using one singel store and leave the others empty somehow?

thanks in advance…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

satish
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  812
34,mantri Sadan,Shivaji Nagar,Nagpur,MS,India 4400

You can create multi stores later.
But You need to decide wether to create stores as stores or as website.
This is important and depending on data you want to share across you have to create your Magento site.

Satish

Magento Community
Magento Community

Richard Blezer

The netherlands

all is to be shared across the site’s except some product category’s. Every store is getting its own template.What do you recommend setup as store view (like for switching languages) or siteview then?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Richard Blezer

The netherlands

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Its really not going to be that complicated. one language, one currency, two (or more) seperate URL’s.
The question really is, if I should have to take special precautions when I want to add a site (different URL ) in the near future.
so http://www.url1.nl ,is later accompanied by http://www.url2.nl. Same hosting, same database, two seperate theme’s.
Store view won’t let me work with different URL’s.

I’m not sure about the other two, store name /website name. store view name is used for languages/currencies. That I know.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community