Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple Line Items For Just 1 Product

webmech86

Total Posts:  1

Greetings,

I have a situation where I need to generate multiple line items for a single bundle product. I am currently in the process of extending magento to do this and I am running into some issues. I wanted to know before I spend too much time trying to develop a solution for this, does magento already have a way of dealing with this type of situation?

From what I know, magento uses Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_item->representProduct() to either generate a new quote item or use an existing quote item based on if the product is the same or has the same attributes. The problem is I have information related to the product that can deviate per instance, so It isn’t logical for magento to group them together and adjust the quantity. Custom options doesn’t quite work for me either as each deviation of the product is done just before the “add-to-cart” process and isn’t related to Mage_Catalog_Model_Product at all.

I’m basically giving the user the ability to customize a product and each customization is unique and needs to be uniquely identified throughout the process of handling the product.

So, my question is, can I get magento to add unique quote items per single product without extending the core magento functionality?

Any input you may have is much appreciated.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community