Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Quick Search does not show results. 

mjtravis

Total Posts:  7

When I enter an invalid search (such as “lkjflasfhs") in the quick search box the result returned is a box that states “Your Search Returns No Results”.  However, if I place a valid search term such as “molds” I can see I have approximately 62 as shown by the count in the dropdown but when I click search is just get a page that says “Search Results for ‘Molds’” and no items are displayed.

I have manually deleted my cache uner .var/cache and have reindex all the indexes including the catalog search index.  The search worked about a week ago but now it doesn’t show nothing. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

You can use this extension http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-sphinx-search.html It allows you to significantly increase the search quality (relevance) as well as the search speed.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community