Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

customized product

mbroere1

Total Posts:  1

Good morning Magento Community!

I have been developing a site for a client and their request is now going far beyond my capabilities.
The customer wants people to be able to create a custom poster/card/etc. Each product can have up to 8 of sentences.

I thought of a couple of ways this could be achieved, but none seem to actually get 100% approval rate.

For instance, i can provide 8 drop down lists with the sentences, but then someone can pick the same sentence multiple times, which they shouldn’t. If i just put 8 text fields in the product options, the chance of the sentences being too short or too long is too big. Not to mention spelling mistakes…

Is there any extension somewhere that meets this kind of need? I have Peksteye’s advanced custom options, it does a lot… but it can’t do this.

Alternatively… if there’s a developer wanting to have a go at this, let me know how much.

Cheers,
Martijn

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sunovisio

Total Posts:  94
Ho Chi Minh

Hi mbroere1,

I guess adding 8 drop down with the same options like you did previously is a correct way. About possibility to select several times the same options, you will have to update the javascript which manage these options.

Hope my answer will help you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community