Magento Forum

Used sitename/downloader to upgrade to all latest stable versions from 1.1.3. Dashboard still says v 1.1.3? And same issue exists

haynest

Total Posts:  16

Hello everybody!

Thanks for your help in advance.

I used the Magento Downloader at sitename/downloader to upgrade my site. I wanted to upgrade because I am not able to browse for an image to upload on a configurable product page. Neither the Upload or Browse buttons go anywhere.

Anyways, the script said everything was successful, but on the dashboard at sitename/admin it shows v 1.1.3 still? And even worse, the browse and upload buttons still do not work.

Thus far, from reading through the forums I have cleared my cache. Before I made the upgrade I made sure that the box was checked to clear the session when the upgrade was finished.

I have not seen another issue like this in the forums, I am not really even concerned about the version not being right in the dashboard. I just want to be able to upload product images! 

Thanks guys!

Image Attachments
dashboardversion.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

haynest

Total Posts:  16

Admins? Any suggestions?

Even shed some light? Even if the answer is to reinstall? I know how to backup things. I haven’t messed with any core files. I know thats a big no no when upgrading. Only created a new theme.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Are you sure you did not get any ‘permission denied’ errors during the upgrade? They can be hard to notice if you don’t pay attention to the output of the scrolling console, and it wil still say “Procedure completed” at the end. To me it sounds like some of the core modules were not upgraded.

Also, make sure to clear your cache like this before and after upgrading:

(Run from Magento root directory via SSH)

rm -rf downloader/pearlib/cache/* downloader/pearlib/download/*
rm -rf var/cache/*/
/tempend ?>

(Arghh.. ignore the ‘*//tempend ?>’ caused by a bug in this forum software)

Magento Community
Magento Community

liotropi

Total Posts:  182
Athens, Greece

had a similar problem when I renamed my root folder
from magento to shop
there is a file (don’t remember which one) which tells
the downloader where magento is
I noticed this when I saw that a folder named magento
was created & my magento wasn’t upgrading even though
magento connect was giving success messages

this happened a while back - hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

You can try to delete the file ‘downloader/pearlib/pear.ini’. If the path to your Magento directory has changed since you ran the installer, the PEAR config must be rebuilt. Just delete the file and a new one should be automatically created.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community