Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Use of Magento in the URL

designaus

Total Posts:  1

Hello Team,

Just wondering if Magento have changed the rules on using magento in the URL to sell a product as it appears that there are companies cropping up that are doing this

as an example have a look at magentoeparcel.com

Can we buy urls with magento in them now and Magento have not updated the licensing section as I found this

Can I use the Magento trademark in one of my domain names or URLs?
No. You may not use the Magento trademark or any other mark associated with the Magento offering from our company in your domain name or URL. (For example, “www.magentohosting.com” is not allowed). See more on this topic below.

• Domain names - You may not use an identical or virtually identical Magento trademark as a second level domain name. For example, “iMagento.com” and “Magentomail.com” are not acceptable.

Thanks for your advice

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magebay

Total Posts:  122
Thai Nguyen

You shouldnt use Magento in your domain, it is copyright violation!

Magento Community
Magento Community

DonnaFries

Total Posts:  1

thanks for sharing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Making Your Life Simpler With tomaxtn Knowledge

Magento Community
Magento Community

RossiTiago

Total Posts:  7

magebay - 03 June 2013 05:22 PM

You shouldnt use Magento in your domain, it is copyright violation!

not only Magento but for any other trademarks, you will register the domain and maybe install de site but owner of the brand will put you offline if he want it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pablowonland

Total Posts:  2

Do we have any document about this rule?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tom Dworzanski

Total Posts:  3
Chicago, IL

pablowonland - 03 November 2013 05:32 PM

Do we have any document about this rule?

http://www.magentocommerce.com/license/#Can I use the Magento trademark in one of my domain names or URLs?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community