Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Combined sale of products

arsmakman

Total Posts:  3

Hello all,

We’re building a new Magento store for our (mostly free) educational materials (booklets, DVDs, boardgames). Many of the booklets have a student- and a teacher-version. We would like to make sure that when a school orders the teacher-version, they also order at least 10 student-versions.

As I see it, this could be implemented two ways:
1. When a teacher-version is added to the cart, automatically add 10 student-versions .
2. Upon checkout, check if there are enough student-versions in the cart. If not, show a notice: “You need to order 10 or more of [link to product]”.

How can we achieve this? Is there an extension that can do this?

Any and all help is welcome! Even just a push in the right direction! wink
Alexander.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lyonscg

Total Posts:  173
Chicago IL

This sounds like a bundled or maybe a grouped product to me. You setup the individual products as simple products and then setup a parent bundled/grouped product.

I don’t think you’ll need anything special to get this done. If you’re having a hard time setting this up, let me know and I’ll post step by step directions when I get a chance.

Good luck!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community