Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Duplicate subdirectory in URL? 

worldvapor

Total Posts:  7

I am trying to create a 2nd store and I have put it into a subfolder names “wholesale”. Made the changes to .htaccess and the index.php file within the subfolder. I also made the changes to the system / configuration / web to have the base url and link point to the new store.

So everything is working on my 2nd store EXCEPT:  Now I am getting a duplicate in the url. It is improperly displaying:  myurl/wholesale/wholesale/kit.html

It should be linking and displaying to:  myurl/wholesale/kit.html

How can I fix this? Is it something within the .htaccess file I need to change?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Magento is really not ideal from the point of view of SEO. Very many obvious functions are implemented not quite right. As a variant, you can try the ready extensions. For example, I use this one http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/advanced-seo-suite.html and very satisfied with results. There are a lot of similar extensions .

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community