Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

buttons in admin wont work

Phixon

Total Posts:  26

Hello.

After installing magento, I cant click on any of the links in the admin area except logout. Anyone have any reasons for this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

CAE-Andy

Total Posts:  18
Adelaide

I’m having the same issue with 1.2.0.3, have tried solutions listed in forum but nothing seems to work. I’m using Google Chrome but the problem also exists in IE7. I changed as there was a previous issue with Adobe Flash 9 or 10 with the image upload feature.

Anybody have a fix?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Phixon

Bump !!

still having the same problem any help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

Hello,

Have you tried checking the file permissions for the “js” folder?

You may also want to try to upload the replace the head.php of the following directory to the one which is attached:-

/app/code/core/Mage/Page/Block/Html

File Attachments
Head.php  (File Size: 8KB - Downloads: 44)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Phixon

File permissions was 755. but uploading the new head.php seemed todo the job. Any reasons why this happened in the first place?

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

I am glad that it is working fine now. wink
I am not sure what causes this as we do not have any clients facing it but this is one of the solution provided by a Magento/Varien team member and it seems to solve the issue if file permissions are correct.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Phixon

well thanks any way.  grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

CAE-Andy

Total Posts:  18
Adelaide

Yes, Mine have been fixed it wasn’t the head.php that fixed but I did try that multiple times, yes I re-installed about 5 times as I had no idea what was going wrong… Is it me did I break Magento?

It was my webhost running something called phpSuExec which sets default permissions. I set them to 777 on the index.php in the “js” folder refreshed the page and all the menu’s came back.

Since then they have gone back to something else but they still work so I have no idea. Updated Google Chrome but that made no difference either.

My new problem is how to add the code names from within Magento into the php for multiple stores…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community