Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade from 1.5.0.1 to 1.7.0.2 (no options in connect, and pear misbehaviors

JJ Pagac

Total Posts:  52
Madison, WI USA

Hi,

So I would like to bring my cart up to speed, it’s currently running 1.5.0.1 and the newest version is 1.7.0.2.  I go to the magento connect manager in the admin and it doesn’t show there to be any updates available (though clearly there is).

So I fire up shell and ran some test, and get permission denied for pear or mage.  So I CHMOD them both to 550.

Now, if I run these:

./pear mage-setup or ./pear list-upgrades
No input file specified.

./mage list-upgrades
Please initialize Magento Connect installer by running:
./mage mage-setup

Run ./mage mage-setup and try the command again, still nothing.

So the question i have is what am I doing wrong here, and how to get the system to upgrade when I can’t seem to do what I want in Magento Connect or through shell.....

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

Try to execute ./mage sync
what you see on the screen?

Magento Community
Magento Community

JJ Pagac

Total Posts:  52
Madison, WI USA

I type ./mage sync and get the response Please initialize Magento Connect installer by running: ./mage mage-setup
So I run ./mage mage-setup and get Running initial setup...

I then try to do the sync and again and get the same thing: Please initialize Magento Connect installer by running: ./mage mage-setup

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community