Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

remove the decimal of product quantity in product view page

CaliforniaBiz

Total Posts:  18

Hi,

I try to display product quantity in stock in product view page using this code:

QuantityOnly <?=Mage::getModel('cataloginventory/stock_item')->loadByProduct($_product)->getQty()?> available
However, there are 4 decimal places show up in the number.
Dose anyone know how to remove the 4 zeros?
Here is the screenshot.

Thanks!

SJ

Image Attachments
quantity_zeros.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Peter Uhlich

Total Posts:  7

You could use number_format:

<?php if($_product->getStockItem()): ?>QuantityOnly <?php echo number_format($_product->getStockItem()->getQty()); ?> available<?php endif; ?>

Magento Community
Magento Community

Peter Uhlich

Total Posts:  7

.. or convert it to integer (if you not use floating numbers in your stock-management) .. here is an example including translations (you should use in your templates!):

<?php if($_product->getStockItem()): ?><?php echo $this->__('Quantity:');?> <?php echo $this->__('Only %s available',(int) $_product->getStockItem()->getQty()); ?> <?php endif; ?>

Magento Community
Magento Community

CaliforniaBiz

Total Posts:  18

Thank you! It works perfect!

Magento Community
Magento Community

cali75

Total Posts:  13

Hi,

I notice the code dosen’t work with configurable products. I created the first configurable product today. The quantity shows “0” for this configurable product, even though there are 3 simple products inside this configurable product.

also how to control it to show up in a specific category product pages. I sell paintings and painting supplies on my site. I only want this quantity number to show up in painting product pages not in supplies category product pages.

thanks.

SJ

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikevyas

Total Posts:  8
usa

Thanks for sharing the code. And it actually works. From this Post I get good techniques so thanks for teaching me the right way.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community