Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I replaced the index.php file and now nothing works! 

trinaw

Total Posts:  1

I backed up the index.php file before replacing it. made the mistake of replacing it (tried it edit it manually to change home page image) and then realized it messed it up and put the old index.php file in.

but now nothing works

the site shows up

when I go to /admin/ it just shows the main site

when I click on any link or products it just stays on the main home page.

I have a hue amount of products and cant even access admin to export them Im really freaking out can someone help me?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

VnEcoms

Total Posts:  121
Vietnam

Why do you need to modify the index.php file to change home page image? You can manage the home page from cms->page.
first try to copy the index.php download the magento setup from magentocommerce (download the version which you are using) copy the index.php from the setup file and upload to your website. If you still get the problem, let me know.

Magento Community
Magento Community

yogeshpawar1689

Total Posts:  1

There is no need to modify the index.php for changing the setting of the home page. To change the home page setting you should have changed the setting from admin under the cms page menu option.

Now you have replaced the old index,php still your store is not working.

1) Check whether the file name is index.php only.

2) Clear your cache and check.

3) Also refresh the indexes of the website by going to admin->configuration->index management.

4) If admin is not accessible then manually delete the contents under the folder var/cache/

grin

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community