Magento Forum

Magento 1.7 - FedEx displaying un-discounted rates

thalbach

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

We recently upgraded from Magento 1.6.2.0 to 1.7.0.2.  Our FedEx account receives a sizable discount on shipping costs, especially on Overnight and 2nd-Day shipments.  We noticed that our FedEx rates now appear to be reporting un-discounted rates.

After reviewing the FedEx shipping logs and the code, the problem appears to be that, for a shipment containing a single package, FedEx only returns Package rates, not Shipment rates.  And because of the way Magento parses rates, it falls back to the List price for the package.

The bug is in app\code\core\Mage\Usa\Model\Shipping\Carrier\Fedex.php Line 535:

foreach (array('RATED_ACCOUNT_SHIPMENT''RATED_LIST_SHIPMENT''RATED_LIST_PACKAGE') as $rateType{
needs to be changed to:
foreach (array('RATED_ACCOUNT_SHIPMENT''RATED_ACCOUNT_PACKAGE''RATED_LIST_SHIPMENT''RATED_LIST_PACKAGE') as $rateType{

View the bug report here

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Total Posts:  218
Pasadena, CA

I just tweeted WebShopApps about this, they are geniuses with shipping.

Magento Community
Magento Community

addon_tejpal

Total Posts:  6

Hi Community!

I have only configured FedEx Shipping Method Configure

I have selected only Priority Ground and Express Saver as “Allowable Methods” .

I have Enter Account Id, Meter Number, Key ,Password is set but below Message will display

“ Sorry, no quotes are available for this order at this time. “

Please Help Me

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hiboo

Total Posts:  14

Thanks, I know this post is old but still saved me having to deal with fedex Dev (Which usually make things more complicated then they really are to discourage you)

This made my day! wink

thalbach - 18 January 2013 01:48 PM

Hello,

We recently upgraded from Magento 1.6.2.0 to 1.7.0.2.  Our FedEx account receives a sizable discount on shipping costs, especially on Overnight and 2nd-Day shipments.  We noticed that our FedEx rates now appear to be reporting un-discounted rates.

After reviewing the FedEx shipping logs and the code, the problem appears to be that, for a shipment containing a single package, FedEx only returns Package rates, not Shipment rates.  And because of the way Magento parses rates, it falls back to the List price for the package.

The bug is in app\code\core\Mage\Usa\Model\Shipping\Carrier\Fedex.php Line 535:

foreach (array('RATED_ACCOUNT_SHIPMENT''RATED_LIST_SHIPMENT''RATED_LIST_PACKAGE') as $rateType{
needs to be changed to:
foreach (array('RATED_ACCOUNT_SHIPMENT''RATED_ACCOUNT_PACKAGE''RATED_LIST_SHIPMENT''RATED_LIST_PACKAGE') as $rateType{

View the bug report here

Magento Community
Magento Community

amyvos

Total Posts:  6

Thank you for the tip.  I tried this and the FedEx 2-day Express quote dropped from $29.09 to $22.02 which is a bit closer to FedEx\’s rate quote of $15.31.  However, my home delivery rate is still much higher than my FedEx discounted home delivery rate.  Magento quotes $18.46 for a 5 lb. package, Fedex says it should cost $9.85.

Please, can anyone offer insight how to pull my discounted rates from FedEx into Magento instead of the list rates?  We are running CE ver 1.7.0.2.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community