Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Widget Order (banner rotator) ordering problem

gurdeephonour

Total Posts:  2

Hi All,

I’m having trouble figuring out how to display the order of a widget (banner rotator). When I assign the block reference to “Main Content Area” for the banner rotator widget, it appears at the bottom of the main content area.

When I turn on template hints, it shows the template file being used, however, there is no reference in any of the layout files of how this is being called into the page (ive checked the contents (grep) of all our template layout files, default and base layouts, but this doesn’t return anything positive).

Can someone please point me in the right direction with setting block order of Widgets.

Note: I am using CMS > Widgets to manage our widgets. I am aware we can call these widgets through phtml files, but I want to be able to control all the banner rotator widgets from the backend.

Many thanks in advanced.

Gurdeep

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community