Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin Locked Out by changing the Favicon for the admin side

worldvapor

Total Posts:  7

I could really use some quick help into a problem I have just created. I wanted my favicon from the frontside of my store to also be at the admin section of the site. I couldn’t find my favicon file on the computer I was using but had access to my account via FTP. So I downloaded the Favicon located at: media > favicon > default > favicon.ico

I then proceeded to upload it into the file: skin > adminhtml > default > default > favicon.ico

I logged out of my admin side of the store after I did this to refresh my browser and see the change. But once I was out of the admin section, it wouldn’t let me back in.

Methods I have tried to log back into my admin section:
On my server via the cPanel, I have logged into myphpadmin. Found the database and then have found the username. I have tried changing the password with the function being: MD5 and clicking save. Then attempting to login again at the admin section. But I cannot get it.

It seems the admin page accepts the username and password but just refreshes and never logs in.
__

I have since replaced the default magneto favicon back into the folder and the admin section still won’t let me in.

What can I do to get back into the admin section of my magneto store?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

worldvapor

Total Posts:  7

*** I GOT BACK IN AFTER I CHANGED THE FAVICON BACK TO THE DEFAULT ONE AND WAITED SOME TIME.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community