Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

enabling mod headers can someone explain? 

ZenMasta

Total Posts:  108

I just provisioned new ubuntu 12.10 server. After moving over a copy of my site browsers were showing internal error, error logs showed this
.htaccess: Invalid command ‘Header’, perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

If I “sudo a2enmod headers” that resolves the issue and the site seems to load all pages without errors.
However, I’m wondering why this is even required.

I’ve had ubuntu 10.10 server running for almost 2 years now where headers is NOT enabled and my 1.4.20 site and other newer releases have been running fine.

Why would headers be required now when it was not previously. I’m dealing with the same copy of a magento store on both servers.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community