Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

multi-site capabilities magento

vishnu_r

Total Posts:  7

hi,
i want to configure multiple websites with multiple domain in a single magento , and each website must have separate admin there must be a supper admin also to control all sites . is this possible?
please tell em about the database structure also, if different website can share same database1

for example: i have a product and selling through some franchises so each franchise must have separate admin to control there activities and access to other franchises must be blocked . there must be a supper admin, who can control all these sites
is this possible in magento ?

thanks in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Total Posts:  2205
Bucharest, Romania

Hello
This is possible but with Magneto Enterprise,
There is no separation per websites for admins on Community Edition.
Maybe there are extensions for this.

If you have all websites on the same Magneto instance then all the websites will use the same database.

Marius.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ryan Sun _Kuafu
Guru

Total Posts:  317
FL

with some customization, community edition can do that

Magento Community
Magento Community

alicegold

Total Posts:  2

Due to the peculiarities of Magento Multi-store support, it treats every Magento store view as a separate website. I know that Cart2cart supports an option of Magento Multi store migration: http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/magento-multi-store-migration so if you have you store it can help your to create several websites on one cart installation, moving data automatically. Thus you will be able to manage several stores from one admin panel
But do not start doing this unless you are willing to put a lot of time into it.
You should be able to create multiple admin users - but restricting them to a store isn’t available in normal old community edition.- only for a payment editions.
This extension may help you: http://www.aitoc.com/en/magentomods_advanced_permissions.html. BUT! I’ve never tried this extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community