Magento Forum

Fatal error: Call to a member function getAllOptions()

ionutcotelin

Total Posts:  2

Hello everybody,

I tried to rename the admin folder in Magento 1.7.0.2 (http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4602 i tried this tutorial) and nothing changed.

Now, in my Magento frontend and admin appears this error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getAllOptions() on a non-object in .../.../public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Cache.php on line 455.

I can\’t acces the frontend & admin of my site and I don\’t know to do.

Thank you,
Ionut

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

edmondscommerce
Guru

Total Posts:  342

Hi ionutcotelin,

What did you try to change the admin location?

If you renamed any folders, files or modified the htaccess file or some thing other than modify local.xml that is possibly why the site has fallen over.

If you tried to change it in system > config this in theory should work but in my experience it usually just causes the admin to not work. To fix this you need to open phpmyadmin, go in to the config and remove the entry for this.

The correct (and best because it always works?) way is to edit the app/etc/local.xml file as Moshe indicated.

Near the bottom of the file there is a line like “<frontName><![CDATA[admin]]></frontName>”. Change “admin” to what ever you want the admin location to be, clear the cache and that should be it.

Hope this helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ionutcotelin

Total Posts:  2

Hi edmond,

Thank you for your answer. I fixed this problem:
- i put the old file (config.xml and local.xml) in app/etc (i had a backup of my website) and now everything it\’s fine.

Thank you very much again and I wish you a pleasand evening.
:-)

P.S: i didn’t change the admin folder, i’ll change and if i have problems..i’ll put here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

miyacrys

Total Posts:  11

Hey thanks, I installed a couple of really bad extensions and couldn’t figure out what files I needed to backup. It was the local and config files, I really appreciate your help!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community