Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Google Shopping Problem

MattNick

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

I just came accross the following problem with Google Shopping API.

It worked fine for a couple of months till now. If I add a product from the list on the lower part of the page (Google Content--> Manage Items), it will push it to Google Merchant Centre, but it doesn’t show up at the top of the page, where all Google Content items are. Also the page refreshes and keep showing ‘Google Shopping synchronization process is running’

I can reset this by a SQL query, but when I want to add 10 products, it just pushes the 1st product to Google and again the page refreshes and shows the ‘Google Shopping synchronization process is running’.

I can delete products from the backend, but adding new ones to Google is not working anymore.

Please provide me with some help!

I’m using Magento 1.7.0.2 and Google Content API 1.7.0.0

Regards,
Matt

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

coronet

Total Posts:  4

Basically this module is a total bag of shite, I’ve had more problems with it since it was released over a year than I can shake a stick at and just when you think you have it working it will break again.

How it was ever release as a core module I will never know!

Magento Community
Magento Community

MattNick

coronet - 16 January 2013 07:12 AM

Basically this module is a total bag of shite, I’ve had more problems with it since it was released over a year than I can shake a stick at and just when you think you have it working it will break again.

How it was ever release as a core module I will never know!

And what do you use now for Google Shopping? Is there a good alternative?

Regards,

Matt

Magento Community
Magento Community

coronet

I’m still wrestling with it, it has been working for a few months and today has broken again. I’m tempted to buy the simple xml feed exporter available on connect but I fear it will be deprecated soon

Magento Community
Magento Community

copperlab

Total Posts:  19

I am having the same problem.  Was working fine up until this month.  Here are the system.log entries

2013-01-15T19:13:04+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/AdwordsGrouping.php[<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:13:04+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]Failed opening 'Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/AdwordsGrouping.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/local:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/community:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/core:/home/copperl1/public_html/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:13:04+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/Brand.php[<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:13:04+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]Failed opening 'Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/Brand.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/local:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/community:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/core:/home/copperl1/public_html/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:13:04+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/Mpn.php[<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:13:04+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]Failed opening 'Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/Mpn.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/local:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/community:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/core:/home/copperl1/public_html/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:13:04+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/SalePrice.php[<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:13:04+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]Failed opening 'Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/SalePrice.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/local:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/community:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/core:/home/copperl1/public_html/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:13:04+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/SalePriceEffectiveDateFrom.php[<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:13:04+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]Failed opening 'Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/SalePriceEffectiveDateFrom.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/local:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/community:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/core:/home/copperl1/public_html/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:13:04+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/SalePriceEffectiveDateTo.php[<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:13:04+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]Failed opening 'Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/SalePriceEffectiveDateTo.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/local:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/community:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/core:/home/copperl1/public_html/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:13:04+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/Name.php[<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:13:04+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]Failed opening 'Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/Name.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/local:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/community:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/core:/home/copperl1/public_html/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:13:04+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/Description.php[<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:13:04+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]Failed opening 'Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/Description.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/local:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/community:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/core:/home/copperl1/public_html/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:28:05+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/AdwordsGrouping.php[<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:28:05+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]Failed opening 'Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/AdwordsGrouping.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/local:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/community:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/core:/home/copperl1/public_html/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:28:05+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/Mpn.php[<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:28:05+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]Failed opening 'Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/Mpn.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/local:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/community:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/core:/home/copperl1/public_html/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:28:05+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/Brand.php[<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:28:05+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]Failed opening 'Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/Brand.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/local:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/community:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/core:/home/copperl1/public_html/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:28:05+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/SalePrice.php[<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:28:05+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]Failed opening 'Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/SalePrice.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/local:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/community:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/core:/home/copperl1/public_html/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:28:05+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/SalePriceEffectiveDateFrom.php[<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:28:05+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]Failed opening 'Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/SalePriceEffectiveDateFrom.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/local:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/community:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/core:/home/copperl1/public_html/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:28:05+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/SalePriceEffectiveDateTo.php[<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:28:05+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]Failed opening 'Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/SalePriceEffectiveDateTo.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/local:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/community:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/core:/home/copperl1/public_html/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:28:05+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/Name.php[<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:28:05+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]Failed opening 'Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/Name.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/local:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/community:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/core:/home/copperl1/public_html/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:28:05+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/Description.php[<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T19:28:05+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]Failed opening 'Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Attribute/Description.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/local:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/community:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/core:/home/copperl1/public_html/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')  in /home/copperl1/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-01-15T20:18:11+00:00 ERR (3): WarningInvalid argument supplied for foreach()  in /home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/local/Magemojo/Varnish/controllers/CallController.php on line 37
-01-15T20:18:15+00:00 ERR (3): WarningInvalid argument supplied for foreach()  in /home/copperl1/public_html/app/code/local/Magemojo/Varnish/controllers/CallController.php on line 37
-01-16T00:45:41+00:00 DEBUG (7): Failed to load template:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/design/frontend/copperlab_current/default/template/catalog/product/view.phtml
-01-16T00:45:41+00:00 DEBUG (7): Failed to load template:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/design/frontend/copperlab_current/default/template/page/2columns-right.phtml
-01-16T00:45:41+00:00 DEBUG (7): Failed to load template:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/design/frontend/copperlab_current/default/template/catalog/product/view.phtml
-01-16T00:45:41+00:00 DEBUG (7): Failed to load template:/home/copperl1/public_html/app/design/frontend/copperlab_current/default/template/page/2columns-right.phtml

Magento Community
Magento Community

crp640

Total Posts:  3

Added products just fine on January 7th...but since January 15th I’ve gotten the same sort of errors as copperlab.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mail24

I am also having an issue with Google Content. I can synchronize and delete current items but cannot add items (new or just deleted) to google shopping.

This was working fine a few days ago but now I get the following error every time:

Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving https://www.ndjohn.co.uk/index.php/site_admin/googleshopping_items/massAdd/store/1/key/f50dc13d0ac80bd01558c52d440148f8/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfil the request.

On checking with my hosting company, I am getting an error log such as:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getText() on a non-object in /var/www/vhosts/ndjohn.co.uk/httpdocs/app/code/core/Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Service/Item.php on line 64, referer: https://www.ndjohn.co.uk/index.php/site_admin/googleshopping_items/index/store/1/key/06ec3aaee9603770a1bf918b935518c0/

I am severely out of my depth here and have no clue as to why this is happening all of a sudden. Nothing has been changed in my store at all. I am using Magento CE 1.5

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fluidwebs

Hi,

I’m getting exactly the same problem with my sites. I have thousands of products that have been uploaded to Google Shopping for many months. I try to add the products again to Google Content (products which had previously uploaded), and I get:

/var/www/vhosts/ndjohn.co.uk/httpdocs/app/code/core/Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Service/Item.php on line 64

Just wondering if this is anything to do with the changes Google are making with Google Shopping (starting to charge us for this...)

Does anyone know of any changes that have to be made to our Google Shopping accounts, or if there are any additional attributes that have to be added/mapped?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ElectricAvenue

Total Posts:  20

same thing from here. It was working for months and now is not working! I’ll hate to do manually feeding the FTP!

somebody knows anything?

Magento Community
Magento Community

copperlab

Total Posts:  19

Solution can be found here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/303448/#t421751

Magento Community
Magento Community

mail24

Thanks copperlad. Worked for me!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fluidwebs

Nice one thanks. Have amended the item.php as described on the other post and it\’s working a treat again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BigDune

Total Posts:  22

Anyone with Google Content API extension problems on Magento 1.6, check out this article on a comprehensive fix that worked for us:

Magento 1.6 and Google Shopping Problems

Magento Community
Magento Community

NMediaSystems

Total Posts:  56
London

On top of core Google Shopping extension for Magento, we have developed improved version which automates all management related routines.

With Improved Google Shopping for Magento extension, all product management is done automatically in background (cron job) nightly or weekly. All you need to do is to install and configure our extension, the rest will be done automatically.

More information at http://www.nmediasystems.com/services/magento-ecommerce-software/extensions/improved-google-shopping-for-magento.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

anusuiya_raddyx

Total Posts:  12

Dear All,

who are having issue in adding products to Google Shopping.
it was really very hectic job for me.

1- i installed http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/google-content-api-for-shopping.html extension
2- created google merchant account
3- magento admin panel-> system->config->sales->google API->Google Shopping

Fill this form -
account login ID->Google Merchant account center ID(Google Merchant account center:top left corner)
Account Login->Google Merchant Account Center email Address with @gmail.com (Eg- myaccount@gmail.com)
Account Password-> Google merchant account paasword
Account Type-> Google or Hosted(I set it)
Target Country-> Mine was United Kingdom
Update Google Shopping Item when Product is Updated-> yes
Debug->No

4-magento admin panel->Catalog->Google Content-> Manage Attributes
Click on ADD Attribute Mapping
Target Country->Mine was United kingdom
Attribute Set-> Default
Google Product Category-> i selected Other
Attributes Mapping-> click on Add attribute Mapping
Select which you want to map
if you are selling Hrd Goods then mandatory are two of GTIN,brand, MPN(I selected brand and MPN and mapped MPN to SKU )
you can refer(https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?hl=en)

5->magento admin panel->Catalog->Google Content-> Manage Items
then select products which you want to add in to google shopping
actions-Add to google content then hit submit
but if you are getting this error(magento’s error notification)

The product “Product Name cannot be added to Google Content. Unable to connect to Google Content. Please, check Account settings in configuration.Error: Authentication with Google failed. Reason: BadAuthentication

it does mean that the Google connection has been blocking third party applications (in this case the Go connection).
So in new tab open https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
You sign in there(with your google merchant accont ), and you have a very short window to go into the application, try to sign in, and it sends a signal to Google that that application is the one you want unblocked.
after signing in, get application specific password.
then back to your magento admin panel-> system->config->sales->google API->Google Shopping
then replace your account password by application specific password.

6-go to your google merchant->data feeds(account http://www.google.com/merchants/newfeed)
set here target country and Data feed filename.

7-go to your google merchant account ->setting->Tax and shipping(http://www.google.com/merchants/taxshippingsettings)
fill your shipping rate here.

8-Refresh all cache properly even in between each and every step then refresh index also
9-go back to magento admin panel->Catalog->Google Content-> Manage Items
then select products which you want to add in to google shopping
actions-Add to google content then hit submit

now you will get products in to google content items then select items
actions- synchronize then hit submit
you will get notice
go to your google merchant account-> products
you will see your products there.
Thats all

With Regars
Anusuiya Dixit

Magento Community
Magento Community

WordWatch

You can find some information about the Google Shopping here: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?hl=en#US and there: http://www.datafeedwatch.com/blog-category/google-shopping/

Enjoy! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2