Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Price Update

lexel_uk

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I am looking to do a price update as one of my websites currently has incorrect prices on them, there is a blanket price rule and I need to update the price of all of the products to the price + 10. i.e. if the product price is 15, I would like to add 10 making it 25.

Could anyone point me in the right direction of the correct field I need to find in MySQL?

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

satish
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  812
34,mantri Sadan,Shivaji Nagar,Nagpur,MS,India 4400

jason_gaved - 15 January 2013 07:57 AM

Hi,

I am looking to do a price update as one of my websites currently has incorrect prices on them, there is a blanket price rule and I need to update the price of all of the products to the price + 10. i.e. if the product price is 15, I would like to add 10 making it 25.

Could anyone point me in the right direction of the correct field I need to find in MySQL?

Thanks.

Magento uses EAV sogoing Db way is not recommended.

You export sheet with product SKU and price.

Now using some formula in an excel sheet create another column and get value of plus 10.
Now import this sheet.

Satish

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello Jason!

If I understood you correctly, you would like to increase price of the products in bulk by some percent or value. You can use Import/Export as was suggested, but it involves manual re-calculation and takes a lot of time.

If you need to change prices in 2 clicks, it is possible using Multi-Editor tool of Store Manager for Magento application. A procedure takes a few seconds using it.
Read this article on how to do it -
http://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/have-an-easy-time-performing-bulk-updates-with-multi-editor-tool-of-store-manager-for-magento

There is 2-weeks free version of that application, so you can download and use it free -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

Let me know if you need assistance.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community