Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Extension Description Formatting Removed on Purpose? 

Matt Dean
Guru

Total Posts:  549

I figured this would have been talked about already but I can’t seem to find it on the forums or as a bug report - apologies if it’s discussed elsewhere.

What’s happened to the display of markup and formatting in extension descriptions? It’s all being stripped out as of not very long ago.
Here’s an example: http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/457/fooman-speedster

It’s pretty useful to be able to clearly lay out the info about an extension, and even more useful to be able to provide links to relevant releases, bug reports etc. The description for the above extension (and many others including mine) is now a bit of a mess if I’m honest.

If the formatting is been removed due to abuse rather than just by accident, could it be reinstated in at least some basic form please?

Thanks,
Matt

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sweet Tooth

Total Posts:  121
Canada

I AGREE!!!  I had a disclaimer on one of my extensions and as a result of the removed formatting everyone who shouldn’t have downloaded the extension, did, then freaked out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Matt Dean
Guru

So what’s the best way to get Varien to notice this do you think?
File a bug report?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sweet Tooth

Total Posts:  121
Canada

Well I just sent them a message through the Contact Us page, so anyone who can should do that first IMO.  Go ahead and file a bug report if you get the chance or I can do it if you’re busy.

I’m sure Varien doesn’t want to piss off the people who are freely contributing to Magento’s success, so hopefully they’ll reply to us.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Matt Dean
Guru

Looks like it’s been fixed, at least partially. (I’ve not tried adding proper links back in yet)
Nice work.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community