Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade to 1.5.1.0

innerwolf

Total Posts:  70
Leicester UK

Hi

I\’ve recently upgraded from 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.2.0 and have a few little niggling problems that I can\’t find a solution for. Like, I can\’t see any customer details in the \’Manage Customers@ page also I m not receiving the emails through from the Contact Us form. I have have corrected the isue that was preventing them from sending at the customer end but now I don\’t receive the email.

So to try and solve these I was going to try an upgrade to the next version. I can\’t appear to findany definitive guide to show how to specify which version you want to upgrade to, they all seem to take you to the lastest verion. The latest version screws my skin up completely so I want to avoid that route.

Will it work to simply upload the 1.5.1.0 files to the root and over write the 1.4.2.0 or is that just too simple? Will the database update to the new version or would this create too many conflicts?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

judywayne

Total Posts:  28

You can try yourself moving directly to 1.7 version. I had skipped manual data import by using this Saas. This is a good way to save time and make your store work better.

Magento Community
Magento Community

innerwolf

Total Posts:  70
Leicester UK

Hi

Thank you. I have tried going straight to 1.7 but it makes a mess of my skin and I don;t have the skills to update it and put it right.

My upgrade to 1.4.2 is really not going to plan at all. I’ve just found another problem this morning in that newly added products are not showing on the frontend, in categories or even if you search for them.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community