Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

displaying diffrent prices for diffrent user groups

majacore

Total Posts:  53

Hello all,

I have a client whom wants to display diffrent prices for diffrent user groups ie group a will pay 1£ and group b will pay 2£, she also wants to have it so that non logged in users don’t get any price displayed

I am just wondering if this is possible todo with out hacking the core and maybe some tips on how to do it

danki
jamie

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ecurtin

Total Posts:  48

Yep, you can do this. There is a really good little extension that can be added for the prices not being displayed - I can’t find it at the moment, but will try and post it later. You just add it from Magento Connect and away you go!

Also, on the prices front, I’d like to know the answer to this also, as I want to do this...I’m sure it can be done...just needs a bit of backend tweaking for it to accept another price maybe?

Magento Community
Magento Community

majacore

Thanks, a plug into control price displays would be fabulous, might be able to hack it to display diffrent prices for diffrent groups and then i am done smile any idea what the plugin is called ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Diego Abad

Total Posts:  13

I think that you can use tier prices.

Magento Community
Magento Community

majacore

Diego Abad - 30 January 2009 05:34 AM

I think that you can use tier prices.

tear prices require a min amount to order, thought it could do it but couldn’t figure out a way

Magento Community
Magento Community

Diego Abad

For hide prices, you can use http://code.google.com/p/magentohideprice/, and for multiple
prices tier prices.

If you have a better solution, please let me know.  cheese

Magento Community
Magento Community

majacore

Diego Abad - 30 January 2009 07:52 AM

For hide prices, you can use http://code.google.com/p/magentohideprice/, and for multiple
prices tier prices.

If you have a better solution, please let me know.  cheese

thanks for that works a treat and just what i needed

yes looking at the tier system and yes that could well work, but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything, is there something i need to turn on to make them work ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Diego Abad

First you must create groups of customers.
Then when you create the tier price, you must allocate a minimum amount and a group.
I do not remember any particular option turned on.

Regarding magentohideprice edit app/code/local/Steelish/HidePrice/etc/config.xml to allow customers to compare products by removing this section.

<catalog>
       <
rewrite>
        <
product_compare>Steelish_HidePrice_Helper_Compare</product_compare>
    </
rewrite>
</
catalog>
Image Attachments
aux.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

majacore

Diego Abad - 30 January 2009 11:22 AM

First you must create groups of customers.
Then when you create the tier price, you must allocate a minimum amount and a group.

yeah the price also has to be lower but i can work around that wink

am just trying to figure out how to gain access to the users group data in the code, because i also don’t want to display any price if the user is part of the default group, any tips on how to determine the group id ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nexus Rex

Total Posts:  139
Utah, USA

I have written a detailed blog post that may help you with different pricing by customer groups:
http://www.beperpetual.com/2009/04/how-to-setup-customer-pricing-in.html

It uses Catalog Price Rules to create flexible discounts across customer groups. I have also set this up for many clients, so if you need help, feel free to contact me.

Current sites using this method:
Special Ops Paintball
Angle of Attack Productions - Flight Training
Clear Protector

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community