Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Poll
What would a 1.3 to 1.7 upgrade/store recreation cost?
$1-$2K 8
$2-$5K 3
$5-$10K 1
$10-$15K 1
$15-$25K 0
Total Votes: 13
You must be a logged-in member to vote
1.3 to 1.7 upgrade

DarrenCarter

Total Posts:  1

Hello,

I’m trying to get an idea of the cost for upgrading from 1.3.2.4 to 1.7.0.2.

While we have some custom development in our 1.3 instance, my goal is get the skin, products, customers, and orders into 1.7 and then add in extensions that we need. Most of the functionality that our extensions provide are now either part of 1.7 or have third party solutions.

It seems like the upgrade path is too crazy. Is it possible to skip to 1.7, starting with a fresh installation and then recreating the store with some data exports and moving the skin files? Then we can take time and add in the extensions we would like to use and test them thoroughly.

We are not in a rush since we have a separate clean instance of 1.7 running.

Any thoughts? Any developer suggestions?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sarahmelmann

Total Posts:  5

Yes, it is possible to skip directly to Magento 1.7 avoiding manual data transfer from 1.3 to 1.4 than to 1.5 than to 1.6 and to 1.7. You can use use a payment data migration service.  This way you should first install and set up Magento 1.7, and then you can move all data from old to the new installation automatically. It will not take much of your time, for example I had to move over 800 of products and it took nearly 15 minutes.
The price is not high, I payed only $69 for the hole migration.  Just for you not to forget: Make your data backup before, and process with free demo trial to see how it works before full migration. more is here http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/shopping-cart-migration-options/223-magento-to-magento-migration

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyantapoulicki

Total Posts:  1

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community