Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

after upgrading from 0.71480 to 0.715480, some strange minor but serious errors *RESOLVED, solution posted!*

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

After I performed an upgrade from 0.71480 to 0.71548 i am now getting some strange javascript errors.

The error is Translate is not defined error.

the site is http://www.mobileedgedev.com

as soon as you go there, you’ll notice the js error.

If you take a view source on it, it seems as if though Translate function is called before the translate.js is loaded.

Also, all the prices are showing as $0 even though prices are set in admin. This worked fine before the upgrade however.

But strangely, if you perform an add cart on it, on the view cart page, all the prices are there. It seems only on product list/view/upsell the prices show up as $0.

Can you guys point to me what i have to do to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dell

Total Posts:  61

Curious if you upgraded with Beta option or SVN?  I upgraded using a fresh install with SVN option and then pointed the installation to my existing data base.  (did not allow rewrites).  Everything was preserved including prices (except media) which I ssh’ed over from previous version.  Course, thinking about it you probably would have problems with your new skin as I’m still using the magento version.

Impressed with your load speed.  Think it’s fastest Magento store I’ve seen.  grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Huntsville, AL

Hmm perhaps I should try that.

Thanks for the advice and the compliment =)

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Huntsville, AL

This have been fixed! Thank you Myrth =)

The problem with Translate not defined error happened because the site was using an older version of:
/app/design/frontend/default/mydesign/layout/page.xml

To fix this, I just had to copy and paste the latest release version of page.xml to this file and it worked like a charm. =)

*Lesson learned*
Whenever a new release comes out or performing upgrades, always take a look at default files and find out what changed. And then incorporate the diff between them into your own theme files.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Huntsville, AL

And as for the price showing up as $0, again, the problem was that the logic somewhat changed in the latest release of Magento.

So to fix this, I had to modify:

app/design/frontend/default/mydesign/template/catalog/product/price.phtml

and basically i had to replace all

$this->getPrice()

with

$this->getProduct()->getPrice()

This fixed everything and personally I wanna thank Myrth for trying to assist me in the best manner possible even when he is real busy =)

It seems that somewhere down the line, with each new releases, logic changes a bit here and there(for the good of Magento, ofcourse) and you really do need to keep up with the new changes in each releases if something does not work =)

hopefully this will help some of you who are upgrading to latest releases and have similar problems I have had.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mark_sims

Total Posts:  13

Thanks so much for the info! I was searching everywhere including the javascript that populates my sizes drop down. Alas, my search is over and everything is working great. Thanks again!

mark

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Huntsville, AL

Hey no problem.

Great to watch others are benefiting from this!

Sharing knowledge does wonders =)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community