Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Obfuscating Authorize.net Error Messages

mlavry

Total Posts:  1

I’m using Authorize.net as a payment gateway, and have activated some features in their Fraud Detection Suite.  I’ve opted in the case of shipping/billing mismatch to decline authorization, and this has caused a problem with Magento.

Specifically, Authorize.net sends response strings when a transaction is declined (for whatever reason), but Magento is replacing the error message that pops up with a very generic one:

Payment capturing error.

A customer who should receive notification that they should try using the same address for shipping and billing gets no meaningful feedback.  How can I fix my cart so that Authorize.net’s error strings aren’t replaced by Magento’s ambiguous messages?

I’ve tried searching for answers to this for hours and found a few abandoned forum posts about this issue but no solutions.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community