Magento Forum

Changing the default operator from OR to AND in Solr (Magento Enterprise)

AliasIO

Total Posts:  4

I asked the following question on Stack Overflow, so far without luck:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14226424/changing-the-default-operator-from-or-to-and-in-solr-magento-enterprise

I’ll repeat the question here:

I’m using Solr with Magento Enterprise. I’m trying to change the default search operator from OR to AND to make searches more specific by default.

The first thing I tried was to to change defaultOperator in schema.xml which did not have the desired effect (it started using AND between fields, not keywords).

<solrQueryParser defaultOperator="AND"/>
I then read about LocalParams and tried adding that to several requestHandler sections in solrconfig.xml (I’m just guessing where it’s supposed to go, I can’t find any helpful documentation).

<requestHandler name="magento_en" class="solr.SearchHandler">
    <
lst name="defaults">
        <
str name="q.op">AND</str>

I also poked around in the code (app/core/core/Enterprise/Search), hard-coded {!q.op=AND} to the queries but still couldn’t get it to work.

I imagine it’s a simple configuration change, can anyone point me in the right direction?

To clarify, a search for “red jacket” (without quotes) should return results for “red AND jacket”. I’m only interested in products that are actually red jackets, not red shoes and/or blue jackets. A manual search for “red AND jacket” returns the results that I’m after.

Currently a search performs these queries:

INFO[] webapp=/solr path=/select params={start=0&q;=articles_title:red+jacket*+articles_summary:red+jacket*+articles_text:red+jacket*+cms_title:red+jacket*+cms_content:red+jacket*&json;.nl=map&wt;=json&fq;=store_id:1+store_id:0&version;=1.2&rows;=4} hits=7 status=0 QTime=
/01/2013 10:46:21 AM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
INFO
[] webapp=/solr path=/select params={spellcheck=true&sort;=attr_sort_score_en+desc&spellcheck;.extendedResults=true&json;.nl=map&wt;=json&spellcheck;.collate=true&version;=1.2&rows;=1&fl;=id&start;=0&q;=(Red+jacket)&spellcheck;.dictionary=magento_spell_en&q;.op=AND&spellcheck;.count=2&qt;=magento_en&fq;=(visibility:3+OR+visibility:4)+AND+store_id:1} hits=645 status=0 QTime=
/01/2013 10:46:21 AM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
INFO
[] webapp=/solr path=/select params={facet=on&sort;=score+desc&json;.nl=map&wt;=json&version;=1.2&rows;=24&fl;=id&start;=0&facet;.query=category_ids:8&facet;.query=category_ids:46&facet;.query=category_ids:88&facet;.query=category_ids:126&facet;.query=category_ids:168&facet;.query=category_ids:180&facet;.query=category_ids:207&facet;.query=category_ids:224&facet;.query=category_ids:242&facet;.query=category_ids:276&q;=(Red+jacket)&q;.op=AND&facet;.field=attr_nav_multi_colourway&qt;=magento_en&fq;=(visibility:3+OR+visibility:4)+AND+store_id:1} hits=645 status=0 QTime=
/01/2013 10:46:22 AM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
INFO
[] webapp=/solr path=/select params={facet=on&sort;=attr_sort_score_en+desc&json;.nl=map&wt;=json&rows;=100&version;=1.2&start;=0&facet;.query=category_ids:8&facet;.query=category_ids:46&facet;.query=category_ids:88&facet;.query=category_ids:126&facet;.query=category_ids:168&facet;.query=category_ids:180&facet;.query=category_ids:207&facet;.query=category_ids:224&facet;.query=category_ids:242&facet;.query=category_ids:276&q;=(Red+jacket)&q;.op=AND&facet;.field=attr_nav_multi_colourway&qt;=magento_en&fq;=(visibility:3+OR+visibility:4)+AND+store_id:1} hits=645 status=0 QTime=
/01/2013 10:46:22 AM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
INFO
[] webapp=/solr path=/select params={facet=on&sort;=attr_sort_score_en+desc&json;.nl=map&wt;=json&rows;=100&version;=1.2&start;=0&facet;.query=category_ids:8&facet;.query=category_ids:46&facet;.query=category_ids:88&facet;.query=category_ids:126&facet;.query=category_ids:168&facet;.query=category_ids:180&facet;.query=category_ids:207&facet;.query=category_ids:224&facet;.query=category_ids:242&facet;.query=category_ids:276&q;=(Red+jacket)&q;.op=AND&facet;.field=attr_nav_multi_colourway&qt;=magento_en&fq;=(visibility:3+OR+visibility:4)+AND+store_id:1} hits=645 status=0 QTime=3

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community