Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple CSV files - Joining

NELAGeek

Total Posts:  193
US

Does Magento support multiple CSV files in an import. i.e. joining?  I have a manuf. with seperate files for inventory and product details.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

Magento itself has very strict requirements to import file, so in case one of your files are lacking of some obligatory fields, then it may give you an error and your import may not work.

Not to merge those 2 files with inventory and product details and spend on this another a couple of hours, I advice you to try to import using Store Manager for Magento tool. It has no limitations to columns your file should containg. Besides, using the combinations of Store Manager and Automated Product Import addon you will be able to set up update of your store directly from your supplier on regular basis. Your import may become automated.

There is free 2-weeks version of Store Manager for Magento application, so you can try it out -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

In case any assistance is required, please, let me know.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community