Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Virginia Tax Sales Calculation

Crank1d

Total Posts:  4

Does anyone have or know how to do tax calculation formula (5%) for Virginia? I had looked at Magento official docs for tax calculation but in the end i didnt understand nothing…

I would appreciate if someone would point me on what to do in tax calculation formula.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Crank1d

Total Posts:  4

Nevermind. Found out what the problem was.

I thought whole time that problem was in Magento code but it turned out the problem was in 1 option, that wasnt set correctly.
Tax class must be assigned to each product in order for tax calculation to work:
Catalog > Manage Products > (Product Name) > Prices > Tax Class and set it to “Taxable Goods”. After that tax calculation (5%) of total price was correct.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community