Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magneto Integration with external catalog and order fulfillment

app1wxw

Total Posts:  3

Can Magento work with the api’s from this service: http://wiki.theshootingwarehouse.com/wiki:documentation… if so, then any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
ww

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nChannel
Guru

Total Posts:  329

So you’re looking for integration with the catalog you listed with Magento? Who is the parent company of the catalog and what system are they running on?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lyonscg

Total Posts:  173
Chicago IL

As long as the service works with XML, XML-RPC, or SOAP (Which I believe it’s using XML), you can rather easily extend Magento with a custom module to send and receive data for this sort of integration. This would work exactly like more common integrations that do the same thing or something pretty similar (CyberSource, Great Plains, etc).

I looked around but didn’t find any pre-built extensions that handle this integration, and in all honesty, these sorts of integrations normally require some custom work even when an extension is used, so I would suggest either coding it yourself if that’s an option or reaching out to one of the Magento Partners to help facilitate the requirements and ultimately the development.

Magento Community
Magento Community

app1wxw

Total Posts:  3

it appears that the integration modules are soap/xml, is there a specific contact that can help with this.
thanks,

ww

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lyonscg

Total Posts:  173
Chicago IL

I don’t understand what your question is. What do you mean by contact? I will do a little more research this afternoon during my lunch break and see if I can find any useful documentation that can help you get started.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community