Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Catalog Rules not working after Product Price Reindex

knospe

Total Posts:  11
Germany

Hello,

I have a problem with catalog product rules not working after reindexing of “Product Prices” index.

The mode of this index is set to “Update on save”. And each time I edit a product and the “Product prices” index is reindexed, the catalog rule for this product stops working. I have to “save and apply” this rule manually to activate it again.
I am using Magento CE 1.7.0.2.

Does anyone else has a similar problem or an idea how to solve it?

Thank you for all the tips you could give me.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

christianjung

Total Posts:  6

Hello knospe,

I’ve got the same problem! Did you already find a solution to this?

Thanks for your help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Total Posts:  218
Pasadena, CA

Do you have your cron configured for re-applying the catalog rules on a daily basis?  More info here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/51142/

Magento Community
Magento Community

knospe

Total Posts:  11
Germany

Yes my cron is enabled. I’ve noticed getting an error while executing the cronjob.

a:4:{i:0;s:91:"SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1205 Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction";i:1;s:1090:"#0 /html/magento/lib/Varien/Db/Statement/Pdo/Mysql.php(110): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Varien_Db_Statement_Pdo_Mysql->_execute(Array)
#2 /html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#3 /html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’INSERT IGNORE I...’, Array)
#4 /html/magento/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(419): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(’INSERT IGNORE I...’, Array)
#5 /html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogRule/Model/Resource/Rule.php(258): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(’INSERT IGNORE I...’)
#6 /html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogRule/Model/Resource/Rule.php(423): Mage_CatalogRule_Model_Resource_Rule->removeCatalogPricesForDateRange(1359331200, 1359504000, NULL)
#7 /html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogRule/Model/Observer.php(209): Mage_CatalogRule_Model_Resource_Rule->applyAllRulesForDateRange()
#8 /html/magento/cron.php(48): Mage_CatalogRule_Model_Observer->dailyCatalogUpdate(’* */3 * * *’)
#9 {main}”;s:11:"script_name”;s:23:"/html/magento/index.php”;s:4:"skin”;s:5:"admin";}

I did some googling but didn’t find anything similar. The error occures since the update from 1.5 to 1.7.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community