First I’m completely new to Magento so I apologize if this has been answered, however I tried searching and found 100+ different
answers, but none of them seem to have made any difference.
This entire install is for a TEST site as myself and another person learn the ins and outs of this system (and as we setup a test e-commerce site, that this site will get mirrored into a production site.
I have just completed a fresh install of the latest Magento install (1.7 I believe), and all is well except for one odd problem.
Here’s my install steps :
1) Create a subdomain on my GoDaddy host (linux), and create a blank database
2) Point the subdomain to /tw on my primary host
3) FTP the entire contents of the magento .zip’s /magento folder into the TW folder.
4) Wait for the insane amount of files to upload (11K files?!?! really? LOL ).
5) Set the /downloader folder permissions to 755.
6) Set the root /index.php to 655.
7) Hit the website and proceed with the install.
8) Point it to a newly created GoDaddy Db
9) leave the defaults for the install, wait for the Db to populate and install to complete.
10) When I click the ‘load frontend’ or ‘load backend’ both work.
However, if I load the backend, then load the magento extension manager, and then click the “Go back to admin”
I get a 500 Internal error. Here’s the problem…
If I browse to my test domain’s admin page as :
this works and brings me to the login screen
however, throughout the site it attempts to connect back to this URL but attempts :
this fails with a 500 Internal Server error.
I’m a little stumped as to why this is happening out of the box.
Any suggestions/help is greatly apreciated!