Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

align - add to cart

mzoldan

Total Posts:  61

I been trying to align my “Add to Cart” buttons to bottom, but no luck at all .... (Note I am using Inchoo Featured Products so template may differ).

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magedziner

Total Posts:  246

mzoldan - 06 January 2013 12:12 AM

I been trying to align my “Add to Cart” buttons to bottom, but no luck at all .... (Note I am using Inchoo Featured Products so template may differ).

You can use css “position” tag to align “Add to Cart” in your template.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mzoldan

I tried that it worked with my whole site except this module

this is where it worked
http://biotevam.com/index.php/hair-straightner.html

this is where it didn’t
http://biotevam.com/index.php

if you look at special offers you see
i cant get them in a straight line and same height

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lyonscg

Total Posts:  173
Chicago IL

What’s going on is that on the page where the buttons are aligned, the product name container (an h2 tag) has a height. On the other page where the buttons are not aligned, that h2 container is not there and the title is just wrapped in a hyper link tag (<a>).

The easiest fix is to add a new CSS rule specifically for the home page products:

.cms-index-index .product-description p { min-height50px}

I however suggest you invest a little more time and fix your template file so that the products on the home page are wrapped in the containing h2 tag. This just keeps everything universal and much easier to modify later on.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ixtab86

Total Posts:  58

Lyons CG - 07 January 2013 09:14 AM

I however suggest you invest a little more time and fix your template file so that the products on the home page are wrapped in the containing h2 tag. This just keeps everything universal and much easier to modify later on.

it’s not good for SEO. There should not be more than 3 h2 tags per page. however h3 should be ok.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mzoldan

i added the css rule worked great thanks
but how do i get this specific add to cart button to move right without making the text move right

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lyonscg

Total Posts:  173
Chicago IL

Remove the “align="right”’ from the div with the class “product-description”.

I normally give elements relative positioning in situations like this to get them into the desired position (margin and padding work but some browsers render the amount differently, mainly IE).

.cms-index-index .product-description .btn-cart { position:relativeleft50px}

Change the left value to what you like and you should be set.

/*EDIT*/

I almost forgot, ixtab86 is absolutely correct about the header tags. I was trying to get the template back to a universal point, but in doing so completely over looked the down side that would have with SEO.

You should also consider changing those h2 tags on the category pages for this reason when you have time.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community