Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Widget not showing on CMS Page

Kraythorne

Total Posts:  8

Hi

I have a widget showing in the left side bar in the 2-columns-left template and this shows just fine in the standard shop pages.

However, the widget isn’t displaying in my CMS Pages that are using the 2-columns-left template.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lyonscg

Total Posts:  173
Chicago IL

Without seeing how your widget is setup, I am going to guess it is setup to just show up on the shop pages (I’m guessing you’re talking about the category pages).

Assuming this was done through the widget, go back to the widget’s configuration page:
CMS->Widgets-> Select your widget.

Near the bottom of the first page, find the Layout Updates section.

Now, lets assume you want this to show on all pages that use that 2 columns left template. Change the Page* value to: “All Two-Column Layout Pages (Left Column)”

It should now show on all of your 2 columns left template pages. This can be fine tuned if you’re trying to get it to show on a more specific basis.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kraythorne

Total Posts:  8

Excellent - sorted thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community