Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change product compare page layout? 

ricsto

Total Posts:  5

Hi all,

Is there an easy way to change the layout of the product comparison page? For example instead of listing vertically with the price at the bottom, could I change it to list horizontally with the price on the right hand side?

I guess this is controlled through the theme some how but I’m not sure where to start!

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ixtab86

Total Posts:  58

Yes, you’re right - it’s theming. so you need to know html and css a bit to change this layout

Magento Community
Magento Community

ricsto

Total Posts:  5

Thanks - I don’t suppose you know which file(s) control this layout?

I’ve had a look around but cant find much info on it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ixtab86

Total Posts:  58

Here’s a little advice for getting file paths: login to your backend and go to system > configuration > developer. choose your store view on the left above left navigation, and turn on “template path hints” or something like that in “Debug” section tab. refresh your frontend being on comparsion page and voila - here’s your path.

Edit: don’t do this on your production server, hope you have development filesystem for testing

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community