Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Stop attribute value being listed in Advanced search when no results exist for that value. 

ricsto

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

Does anyone know please how to stop attribute values appearing in the advanced search options list when no results exist for them in that store view?

For example I have a location attribute which is shared over 2 store views (UK and USA).

When I switch to the USA store view, I will see see UK location attributes in the list even though there will be no values for this option because they are only configured at the UK store view.

I have my location attribute set to use the \\\"store view\\\” scope.

Many thanks for any suggestions,

Rich

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ricsto

Total Posts:  5

Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

To ask it a simple way (maybe), how can I stop advanced search listing attribute options when no results exist for that option.

For example if I have an attribute with 5 option values possible, but currently I only have products in the catalog that use 3 out of these 5 options. So the advanced search form should only display the 3 values which are possible for it to find.

I guess I would need to modify the advance search form.phtml to do a search against all the values before drawing the form but I\’m not really sure where to start with this :(

Any help greatly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community