Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Please Help me importing Products/categories from XML into Magento

linkysolutions

Total Posts:  5

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

linkysolutions

Hello, thanks for answering my post, well as for the wholesaler they say thats an xml feed, I do know its on TXT format, if you open it you will see the first row has some data just like this ( everything si delimited by “|")
model|name|price|category|loc|image|description|weight|option_type|option_value|suggested_retail|special_handling|manufacturer|manufacturer_code|packaging|in_stock|last_updated|active|
then right below that they give the data for model, name, price… etc. this data is delimited as well by “|”

I was able to import the data into excel and saved it as CSV so it had organized columns. what I did was create individual attributes for model, name, price, category, SHOULD I create attribute sets as well?

Whenever I try to import the data using the import tool nothing transfers.

What is it that im doing wrong???

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

linkysolutions

what do mean mapping the fields??

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community